WOOSAH IS HIRING
We are so stoked to add a Shop Manager to our team! Please read the job description and qualifications below. This is a full time job opportunity, 40 hrs a week. This is not a seasonal position.
If you think you're a good match please email your resume and cover letter to Woosahart@gmail.com Subject: “Shop Manager”. Applications will be accepted through Sunday January 20th. Must be able to start by mid- February.
grand rapids shop manager
Woosah Shop Manager Job Description
Job Title: Retail Shop Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager Kelly McPhee & Artist / Owner Erica Lang
This position will assist in managing the retail store consistent with the short and long-term interests of the company, its employees, and the local community in which they work. The Shop Manager will work in conjunction with the Operations Manager and Owner to achieve high customer engagement and sales for the retail store. The Shop Manager will support the Operations Manager in achieving customer service and sales goals, and ensuring the store follows appropriate processes and procedures, in alignment with company goals and mission. The shop manager should be connecting with customers in authentic conversation, establishing relationships and a sense of belonging.
Essential Job Functions:
• Instill the meaning and importance of customer engagement in all team members. Empower staff to “use their best judgment” in all customer service matters.
• Coordinate daily staff scheduling and communication to ensure staff are clear on daily projects and goals.
• Promote and monitor quality service among staff through training and by acting as a positive role model.
• Be personally available to all customers to communicate and identify their needs and address their questions or concerns.
• Develop the stores own “core” customer service.
Personnel, Leadership and Development
• Assist in the hiring of people who pursue passions that related to our products and philosophy.
• Ensure that all new hires are receiving appropriate customer service and engagement training.
• Advocate for improvements to our procedures and processes.
• Be familiar with printmaking and the process behind Erica’s work, such as inspiration, story and general knowledge of woodblock printmaking. Be able to communicate with customers in your own words this process and story.
• Maintain employee attitude and morale by recognizing outstanding performance and service.
• Motivate and develop staff in order to encourage their professional development.
• Provide in the moment coaching to Sales Associates in customer service skills.
• Provide an “open door” policy where employees are free to express their concerns and feelings without fear of retribution or ill will.
• Inspire employees so that each person contributes to the productivity of the store.
• Delegate work load appropriately and effectively.
• Work with Operations Manager and Owner to evaluate all store employees. Ensure that reviews are given on schedule and documentation is received in Human Resources according to the guidelines outlined by the Human Resources Department.
• When necessary, discipline employees consistent with the company disciplinary policies.
• In collaboration with Operations Manager and owner, identify training needs and conduct trainings.
Operations and Business Planning
• Work in partnership with the Operations Manager and Owner to create plans to achieve sales targets.
• Complete daily opening/closing duties according to company policy.
• Participate in regular staff meetings and encourage input.
• Maintain open and positive relations with all divisions of the company.
• Ensure the company policy and procedures are communicated in a timely manner and adhered to accordingly
• Work with Operations Manager and Owner on creation of annual store business plans.
• Ensure the sales floor is clean, well-organized and in good working order.
• Work independently and collaboratively to arrange new floor displays, window displays and floor changes. Keeping the shop energy fresh and exciting.
• Complete inventory adjustments daily and work with shipping system in sending out products in a timely manner.
• Track and communicate low and out of stock inventory with Operations Manager.
• Track top and low selling products with Operations Manager ensuring adjustments are made.
• Restock sales floor as needed.
• Sort and organize incoming inventory and creatively problem solve storage needs efficiently.
• Familiar with vendors and comfortable reordering items as needed.
• Assist in protecting company assets through promoting awareness of loss prevention. Complete cycle counts as needed.
Community Outreach and Engagement
• Create stores that are centers for the community and can connect with customers on a genuine and authentic level, creating lasting relationships. Upholding a positive attitude and inclusive energy to everyone who comes through the door.
• Live the Woosah lifestyle. Go outdoors as a means to relax and connect, bike or walk to work when possible, pick up trash on your walk, engage in community events, recycle, reduce waste, encourage staff to live this lifestyle as well.
• Support Operations Manager in executing store events which support the company mission and increase community involvement. Ensure that staff are inviting customers to participate and attend store events.
• In collaboration with Operations Manager and Owner, plan and execute community events in the shop, in the garden or elsewhere to ensure community engagement.
• Encourage all staff to participate in planning events in the store.
• Ensure that the store is in compliance with all State and Federal laws, including wage and hour, human rights and equal employment opportunities.
• Maintain safe working conditions for employees and customers. Resolve safety concerns quickly.
• Ensure store security from internal and external theft and know proper apprehension and prosecution procedures for Michigan.
Other Job Functions:
Perform additional duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time, necessary to provide sales floor coverage related to customer service and loss prevention.
Ability to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, inventory re-stock, and store merchandising.
Ability to walk up and down staircase, carrying boxes, product, and other necessary store related items.
Ability to perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean.
Ability to safely lift boxes up to 55 lbs.
Comfortable climbing ladders.
Typical work week is approximately 40 hours - available to work weekends.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Previous retail sales experience 2+ years.
Ability to give clear directions and set expectations for staff.
Excellent organizational skills.
Excel and Word proficient.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Effective communication skills.
Self-motivated and driven.
Ability to train and delegate effectively.
Problem solving ability.
Ability to effectively work with and motivate team.
Woosah product use/knowledge.
The passion and desire to work with a small business.
A passion for the outdoors.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.